Running around to Give you the Reacharound

2.19.2009

Bawlin' Cawlin' 02-19-09

Sooooooo, let me get this straight. Today at 3:00 p.m. the NBA trade deadline passed, and the most exciting move was Rafer Alston to the Orlando Magic? WHOA-ly shit, man! You mean Tyron Lue wasn't the answer you were looking for? Crazy.

The thing is, I can't decide if I'm more edgy because the trade deadline was such a disappointment, or because as a Rockets fan (yes, I realize it seems like I root for more teams than actually exist; it's a running theme, deal with it) I am completely perplexed by this move. I won't get into specifics, but does this really help the team? I suppose I could always root for the Magic again (sarcasm), like I did when they had that amazing Penny-Shaq-Nick Anderson-Dennis Scott-Brian Shaw lineup. Anytime you're bringing Horace off the bench, you're a team for the ages (serious).

In any case I'm sad to see T-Mac hurt. Again. I'm always a fan of unlimited yet seemingly, hopelessly unfulfilled potential. I see a lot of that in myself I suppose. Griffey, Jr. Bo Jackson. T-Mac. These players I really feel for and similar players I will always root for, because there's just something I find infinitely compelling about an individual facing unfathomable expectWHOA whoa whoa. Is he reading VENUS MAGAZINE?
"Well I'll be GODDAMN. The description reads 'Women in Music, Art, Film and Fashion,' but it's so much more than that. I have such a profound level of respect for OUCHIE! I think that was a paper cut...nope! Nope just a brief scrape!"

So the NBA trade deadline passes without nearly as much excitement as last year (Kidd, Shaq). No matter, NBA. Who cares if the biggest news in your industry today is Sir Charles returning to broadcasting, or that the Tiger Woods news completely eclipsed everything currently going on in your industry. Who cares? You've got the whole Boston/L.A. thing going again, right?

To the picks.

Records

OBJ: 10-4
Joe Friday: 10-4

Back even, this is more exciting than getting a free gym membership for being a weight fluctuater!

Today's Picks

OBJ: San Antonio (+1) over Detriot

I hate it when it seems this easy.

Joe Friday: Boston (-2.5) over Utah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay let me get this straight, you think Horace Grant was on the Magic's bench when Hakeem the "Dream" Olajuwon, Clyde the "Glyde" Drexler, Robert "Big shot Rob" Horry, Kenny the "Jet" Smith, Chucky Brown ( in case you have no clue who he is, he came from CBA, & earned the starting PF sport after Houston traded Otis Thorpe for Drexler), Sam, he looks like an alien, Cassel, Mario "kiss of death" Elie, &Carl "Amigo" Herrera they all beat the hell out of that useless Magic team u liked so much? No The starters were as follows: PG: Penny, SG: Nick "choke" Anderson, SF: Dennis Scott, PF: Horace Grant, C: Shaquille "Diesel" O'neal. Shaw came off the bench, just like in LA, that's why Phil liked him, it gave him a boost off the bench to set up Shaq when Fisher, Kobe or anyone else running point was on the bench!
I am very dissappointed, I guess this is what happens when you are a fan of 4 NBA teams (Spurs, Rockets, Hawks, Magic) or should I throw Suns in too? You know who it is already right?

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say about 3 or 4 years ago when houston got rid of one loser, Steve "Franchise" for the new loser, Tracy McLazy that he was as good as Kobe Bryant? I could of sworn you did? Why are you sad to see this loser get injured, he is a selfish punk who's been dragging the Rockets down with him, when he was on the bench mad he wasn't getting the attention since he was "taking a game off" in Boston, Von Wafer & company outhustled the Celtics, he is going to make another 25-30 million, please don't feel sorry for him!