Running around to Give you the Reacharound

12.29.2008

Shotcallin': Bawlin' Cawlin' NBA Edition

After sitting around and, essentially, doing nothing and waiting for the solution to not having any college football to present itself, we here at Runaround Sue's have given up. It's time to move forward without the possibility of our favorite teams and nemeses lining up each week. To help pass the time, Joe Friday and I will be doing weekly, twice-weekly, perhaps even biweekly Shotcallin' Special NBA Editions, aptly dubbed Bawlin' Cawlin' and currently rearing back to knock your ass over with our weekly, twice-weekly or perhaps even biweekly predictions.

I know. No, seriously, I know. And you're welcome.

A good luck charm...
Week One Picks

SJF: Detroit (+3) over Orlando

OBJ: Atlanta (-5) over Denver

I would just like to state, for the record, that I have never before even looked at basketball lines, and seeing 200+ point spreads is quite disorienting. I kinda feel like I'm trying to do a trick off a diving board while strapped to a wheel chair, but...I guess...Atlanta to cover 5...is a good way...to...start? C'mon Baby Hawks!

Even with Carmelo playing out of his mind, I don't think the Nuggets can prevent the Hawks, if playing at their full capacity, from beating Denver by 5.

As it stands, by the end of the season we will add up our "Cawls," so to speak, with a pot of anywhere between $150-500. This heavily depends on both the expected and unexpected legal fees Sue's will have to endure in the months to come.

2 comments:

Jason Walker said...

We covered! And we kept it close enough until 6 minutes left that you could have possible rolled up the bet!

Osama Bin Jammin said...

Thanks for the support, J-Dub. Unfortunately, Joe Friday kept up with the pace. With the pot now fully decided upon and jacked way beyond our means, the stakes have risen.

Thanks for visiting, and check back to see how we're doing (i.e. how badly I'm crushing this fool).

-OBJ